BBPA event planner
Sandra Whiting is committed to community and takes the job of representing Eglinton West and its cultural connections very seriously.
– Community Arts Programmer-Harbourfront Centre-25 years
– Project Lead –Carnivilissima – on the waterfront-over 500,000 people
– Created the Hot & Spicy Food Festival-over 20 years
– Ran the Harbourfront Centre food and craft markets for over 20 years
– Created Kuumba-the longest running Black History month event at a major cultural institution
– Worked on Carnival on Toronto Island- 2 years
– Organized and produced-Lawrence Avenue Street Festival- 3 years
– Children’s Carnival-on Eglinton Ave W-1 year
– Music events-throughout the city
Produced her own event Sunday Jam for several years.
Sandra was the brainchild of Jamaica 50 and along with a major team of volunteers which produced year long events celebrating Jamaica for its 50th anniversary.
Sandra has also served as President of the BBPA- an organization she is proud to now represent in this new role.